August 4, 2010

What I love

Recently I took a trip of a life time to Paris with FIDM. The trip was two and a half weeks of pure excitement, beauty, wonder, and exploration. Traveling with FIDM gave me a wonderful opportunity to meet and hear the stories of people in the industry. Every morning we had appointments with ateliers, trend forecasters, and other fashion industry connoisseurs that extended through the afternoon. By mid day we were free to roam the city and live the Parisian way to the fullest. This meant of course going to cafes drinking cafe, vino, fromage, and baguettes. We also visited some museums and the most beautiful place my eyes have seen, Monet's garden (where I took the picture to the right). All twenty one of us were quite sad to say au revoir, or my most used french word bonsoir, to the city of love.
The pictures that I have included below are from the first set of film I had developed. From the looks of it, it was the second one I took. The sad part is: I do not have anymore film as whilst in the process of saving money and getting them developed by a friend across the country, the other seven rolls were lost in the mail. I did take pictures on a digital camera also but these were mostly of the activities that took place after the sun went down and do not capture the complete essence of Paris.
Fun Fact: As the most recognized installation in Paris the Eiffel Tower was not meant to be a permanent one.

AMAZING shoe.


One of our appointments was at a man named Bruno's workshop. He creates all the decorative flowers, feathers, and hats for couture designers.


This photograph is of a plethora of petals that Bruno had laid out to dry after dying, before they are molded into shape.

All ac cross Paris there were different signs for the Metro. This is one of them, I took pictures of them but they are amongst the lost.

No comments: